The Powerball lottery holds claim to the country’s largest jackpot, but we’re still a few draws away to getting close to that $1.586 millions milestone.
Winning the current jackpot would surely still bring a smile to your face at an estimated $550 million with a cash option of $277.5 million, according to powerball.com.
Should no one win the Saturday, Oct. 22 drawing the next Powerball drawing would offer a prize that breaks into the top 10 jackpots of all-time.
Mega Millions:Winning numbers for Tuesday, Oct. 18, 2022. No winner, jackpot rises to $30M
Here’s what you need to know about the Powerball:
Did anyone win the Powerball?
There was no Powerball winner on Wednesday, Oct. 19. The winning numbers were 6, 8, 15, 27, 42, and the Powerball was 10. The Power Play was 3X.
New Jersey still came away with two new millionaires. The state sold one ticket that matched all five numbers except for the Powerball worth $1 million, and another that matched all five numbers except for the Powerball and included the Power Play worth $2 million.
One ticket purchased in Michigan also matched the first five numbers for $1 million.
Did anyone win the Double Play?
The Double Play numbers were 4, 24, 32, 55, 59, and the Powerball was 13.
No one matched all six numbers, and nobody matched all five numbers except for the Powerball worth $500,000.
How many numbers in Powerball do you need to win a prize?
You only need to match one number in Powerball to win a prize. However, that number must be the Powerball worth $4.
What do I win if I get 2 numbers on Powerball?
Matching two numbers won’t win anything in Powerball unless one of the numbers is the Powerball. A ticket matching one of the five numbers and the Powerball is worth $7.
How much is a Powerball ticket?
Powerball tickets are $2 apiece. Tack on the Power Play for $1 and your non-jackpot winnings could be multiplied up to five times. Players can multiply non-jackpot wins up to 10 times when the jackpot is $150 million or less.
What is Powerball’s Double Play?
For an extra $1, you can enter your numbers into a second drawing held after the main jackpot draw. Participants can win prizes ranging from $7 to $10 million.
Powerball results:Winning numbers for Wednesday, Oct. 19, 2022. After delay, jackpot hits $550M
What is the deadline for buying Powerball tickets?
Powerball can be played in 45 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The cutoff time to buy a Powerball ticket varies for each jurisdiction. Check with you local lottery office for details. In Indiana, tickets must be purchased by 9:58 p.m. EDT.
Can Powerball tickets be purchased online over the internet?
Yes, but the opportunity once again depends on each jurisdiction. Check with your local lottery office for more details.
When are Powerball draw days?
Powerball draws occur three times a week, on every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.
When is the next Powerball drawing?
The next drawing is Saturday, Oct. 22.
How to watch Powerball drawing?
Videos of the latest Powerball drawing can be found at www.powerball.com/watch-drawing at 10:59 p.m. EDT.
Here’s where Powerball drawings are televised in Indiana:
- Evansville – WTVW7; every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday at 9:59 p.m. CDT.
- Fort Wayne – WANE15, 10:59 p.m. EDT.
- Merrillville – Lakeshore Public Television, 10:28 p.m. CDT.
- Indianapolis – FOX59; every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday at 10:59 p.m. EDT.
- South Bend – WNDU16, every Monday and Wednesday between 11:09-11:13 p.m. EDT, and every Saturday between 11:20-11:28 p.m. EDT.
- Terre Haute – WTWO2; every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday at 10:59 p.m. EDT.
How to play Powerball
The Hoosier Lottery also offers an instructional video on how to play Powerball:
Odds of winning Powerball
Approximately 1 in every 24.87 Powerball tickets sold are winners. The likelihood of winning the jackpot is 1 in 292,201,338.
Powerball’s last jackpot winner
Here is the list of 2022 Powerball jackpot wins, according to powerball.com:
- $632.6 million — Jan. 5; California, Wisconsin.
- $185.3 million — Feb. 14; Connecticut.
- $473.1 million — April 27; Arizona.
- $366.7 million — June 29; Vermont.
- $206.9 million — Aug. 3; Pennsylvania.
Top 10 Powerball lottery jackpots
Here are the all-time top 10 Powerball jackpots, according to powerball.com:
- $1.586 billion — Jan. 13, 2016; California, Florida, Tennessee.
- $768.4 million — Mar. 27, 2019; Wisconsin.
- $758.7 million — Aug. 23, 2017; Massachusetts.
- $731.1 million — Jan. 20, 2021; Maryland.
- $699.8 million — Oct. 4, 2021; California.
- $687.8 million — Oct. 27, 2018; Iowa, New York.
- $632.6 million — Jan. 5, 2022; California, Wisconsin.
- $590.5 million — May 18, 2013; Florida.
- $587.5 million — Nov. 28, 2012; Arizona, Missouri.
- $564.1 million — Feb. 11, 2015; North Carolina, Puerto Rico, Texas.
Top 10 U.S. lottery jackpots
Here are the nation’s all-time top 10 Powerball and Mega Millions jackpots, according to powerball.com:
- $1.586 billion, Powerball — Jan. 13, 2016; California, Florida, Tennessee.
- $1.537 billion, Mega Millions — Oct. 23, 2018; South Carolina.
- $1.337 billion, Mega Millions — July 29, 2022; Illinois.
- $1.05 billion, Mega Millions — Jan. 22, 2021; Michigan.
- $768.4 million, Powerball — Mar. 27, 2019; Wisconsin.
- $758.7 million, Powerball — Aug. 23, 2017; Massachusetts.
- $731.1 million, Powerball — Jan. 20, 2021; Maryland.
- $699.8 million, Powerball — Oct. 4, 2021; California.
- $687.8 million, Powerball — Oct. 27, 2018; Iowa, New York.
- $656 million, Mega Millions — Mar. 30, 2012; Kansas, Illinois, Maryland.
Chris Sims is a digital producer at Midwest DOT. Follow him on Twitter: @ChrisFSims.