Winning Powerball numbers on the 11th of January; Saturday’s jackpot reaches $404 million
According to the website for the Powerball lottery, the jackpot was an estimated $360 million, and the winner may choose to receive either $188.7 million or their winnings in cash.
Due to the fact that there was no winner, the jackpot for Saturday’s drawing has been boosted to $404 million, with a cash option of $211.7 million.
On November 19, a lottery player in Kansas earned $92.9 million, making them the most recent winners of the jackpot.
According to the website for the Mega Millions lottery, the jackpot for Friday’s drawing is now at $1.35 billion, and the cash value of the prize is currently at $707.9 million. It will be the second-highest payout in the history of Mega Millions and the fourth-greatest jackpot in the annals of the United States lottery.
Winners of the lottery in the state of New Jersey were compelled to reveal their identities up until very recently. However, according to a new rule that Governor Phil Murphy put into effect, winners will now be free to maintain their privacy.
Be on the lookout: a lottery jackpot winner will not hand over their winnings to you. How to identify a con artist
When will the subsequent Powerball drawing take place?
Drawings for the Powerball take place three times a week, at 10:59 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday of each week. In 2021, lotteries were also held on Mondays.
How much longer do Powerball ticket sales remain open?
Don’t wait until the last minute to buy your Powerball ticket since the deadline for doing so varies from state to state. On the day of the drawing, the deadline to enter New Jersey is at 9:59 p.m., while the deadline to enter in New York is at 10 p.m.
How can I get started with Powerball?
The price of each ticket is $2, but for an additional dollar, you can purchase the Power Play option, which may double the value of the prize you might potentially win by a factor of up to five (except for the jackpot and Match 5). When the prize is less than $150 million, there is also the opportunity to participate in a 10x Power Play.
Each participant chooses five numbers between 1 and 69 for the white balls, and one number between 1 and 26 for the Powerball. You also have the option of having the lottery machine produce a fast-select ticket for you, which will include numbers chosen at random.
The prizes range from four dollars for correctly matching the Powerball to one million dollars (except in California) for correctly matching all five white balls to the grand prize of the jackpot for correctly matching all six balls. On this page of the Powerball website, you may see the total prize money that has been distributed.
Where can I get tickets for the Powerball?
You may participate in the game in 45 states, in addition to the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands of the United States.
Lottery tickets may be purchased in a variety of retail establishments, including supermarkets, petrol stations, and convenience shops. Online purchases of Powerball tickets are legal in several areas; nevertheless, consumers should be wary of fraudulent sites. Before you buy lottery tickets online, you should first find out more information about the process from your state’s lottery office.
When you buy a ticket, it is not necessary for you to be a citizen of the United States or a resident of any specific state.
Where can I find the drawing for the Powerball?
Every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday night, at 10:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET), the Powerball drawing is streamed live on the website of the lottery. Simply clicking on this link will allow you to see the drawing.
It is possible that the drawing will also be shown on a television channel that is local to your market.
What are the chances that I will win?
Playing Powerball might be a thrilling experience, but if you don’t win first, you shouldn’t start spending those millions of dollars just yet.
There is a one in 292,201,338 chance that you will win the jackpot.
The probability of successfully matching all five white balls is 11,688,053 to one.
Which is better: a lump sum or an annuity?
Both an annuity and a cash prize are available for jackpot winners in the main lotteries held in the United States.
The annuity choice results in a payment over a period of time. The first payment is made immediately, and the next 29 instalments are made on a yearly basis, with each subsequent payment being increased by 5%.
The cash choice results in a payout that is substantially less than the jackpot that was announced, but it is received all at once. You will not need to wait for decades to get all of the money.
What was the largest jackpot won in Powerball?
Since its inception in 1992, the Powerball lottery has awarded the following prizes as the top ten jackpots:
- $2.04 billion, Nov. 7, 2022: Won in California
- $1.586 billion, Jan. 13, 2016: Three winners in California, Florida, Tennessee
- $768.4 million, March 27, 2019: Won in Wisconsin
- $758.7 million, Aug. 23, 2017: Won in Massachusetts
- $730 million, Jan. 20, 2021: Won in Maryland
- $699.8 million, Oct. 4, 2021: Won in California
- $687.8 million, Oct. 27, 2018: Two winners in Iowa, New York
- $632.6 million, Jan. 5, 2022: Two winners in California, Wisconsin
- $590.5 million, May 18, 2013: Won in Florida
- $587.5 million, Nov. 28, 2012: Two winners in Arizona, Missouri
What was the most money ever won in a single lottery in the United States?
The following is a rundown of the most significant jackpots that have been won in the United States by players of the Powerball and Mega Millions lotteries:
- $2.04 billion, Powerball, Nov. 7, 2022: California
- $1.586 billion, Powerball, Jan. 13, 2016: Three winners in California, Florida, Tennessee
- $1.537 billion, Mega Millions, Oct. 23, 2018: Won in South Carolina
- $1.35 billion, Mega Millions, Jan. 13, 2023:
- $1.337 billion, Mega Millions, July 29, 2022: Illinois
- $1.05 billion, Mega Millions, Jan. 22, 2021: Won in Michigan
- $768.4 million, Powerball, March 27, 2019: Won in Wisconsin
- $758.7 million, Powerball, Aug. 23, 2017: Won in Massachusetts
- $730 million,, Powerball, Jan. 20, 2021: Won in Maryland
- $699.8 million, Powerball, Oct. 4, 2021: Won in California
- $687.8 million, Powerball, Oct. 27, 2018: Two winners in Iowa, New York
- $656 million, March 30, 2012: Three winners in Illinois, Kansas, Maryland
- $648 million, Dec. 17, 2013: Two winners in California, Georgia
- $632.6 million, Powerball, Jan. 5, 2022: Two winners in California, Wisconsin
- $590.5 million, Powerball, May 18, 2013: Won in Florida
- $587.5 million, Powerball, Nov. 28, 2012: Two winners in Arizona, Missouri
- $564.1 million, Powerball, Feb. 11, 2015: Three winners in North Carolina, Puerto Rico, Texas
- $543 million, Mega Millions, July 24, 2018: Won in California
- $536 million, Mega Millions July 8, 20116: Won in Indiana
- $533 million, Mega Millions, March 30, 2018: Won in New Jersey
VIEW AS PDF :
CHECK FOR MORE ARTICLES
|Saturday’s jackpot reaches $404 million||https://megamillionsclub.com/saturdays-jackpot-reaches-404-million/|