LANSING, MI – Lottery players were unable to scare some extra luck on Halloween as there was no winner of the $998 million Powerball jackpot for the drawing held on Monday, Oct. 31.
That means the drawing on Wednesday, Nov. 2 will be worth $1.2 billion with a cash option of $596.7 million. That jackpot is the 2nd largest in the history of Powerball and the 4th largest in U.S. history.
The Powerball Numbers (white) for Oct. 31: 13-19-36-39-59
The Red Powerball Power Number: 13
The Power Play Number: 3
Double Play Numbers: 9-14-52-57-62
Double Play Powerball Number: 24
Powerball winners for Oct. 31:
· While there was no grand prize winner, 13 players matched all five white numbers drawn to win $1 million. Those tickets were sold in California (2X), Florida (2X) Indiana, Michigan, New York (2X), Ohio (2X), Oklahoma and Texas (2X).
· The player in Oklahoma, along with one player each from Florida and New York also played the Power Play option, which increased their winnings to $2 million.
· The $1 million winning ticket sold in Michigan were purchased at the CVS located at 626 W. Front Street, Traverse City.
· Prior to the drawing, the jackpot decreased slightly from $1 billion to $998 million.
· There were 5,469,871 tickets sold that won at least $4 in the drawing. In Michigan, 192,404 tickets sold won at least $4 in the drawing.
Powerball is offered in 44 States, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. Players select five white numbers from (1 to 69) and one red ball (1 to 26). Tickets cost $2 each.
In other Michigan Lottery news:
· The next Mega Millions drawing is Tuesday, Nov. 1 with an estimated jackpot of $87 million and a cash option of $42.8 million.
· The next Lotto 47 drawing is Wednesday, Nov. 2 at 7:29 p.m. with a jackpot of $1.55 million. Deadline is 7:08 p.m. that day.
· Tuesday’s Fantasy 5 jackpot is worth an estimated $100,000. The drawing is at 7:29 p.m. Deadline is 7:08 p.m.
For the latest on Michigan Lottery, check out the official Michigan Lottery site, which also offers more information on instant tickets, raffles and other lottery games.
The last players from Michigan to win a Mega Millions or Powerball jackpot is the Wolverine FLL lottery club which claimed a $1.05 billion jackpot in March 2021. With their winnings, the group plans to give back to the community.
And while they were lucky winners, it’s smart for players to check their tickets immediately as a winner worth $1 million sold in Warren last year went unclaimed. The money instead went to the state’s School Aid Fund.