LANSING, MI – For just the 5th time in U.S. history, a lottery jackpot has hit the $1 billion mark as there was no winner of the $822 million Powerball jackpot for the drawing held on Saturday, Oct. 29.
That means the drawing on Monday, Oct. 31 will be worth $1 billion with a cash option of $497.3 million. That jackpot is the 2nd largest in the history of Powerball and the 5th largest in U.S. history.
The Powerball Numbers (white) for Oct. 29: 19-31-40-46-57
The Red Powerball Power Number: 23
The Power Play Number: 3
Double Play Numbers: 9-13-31-35-37
Double Play Powerball Number: 1
Related story: Here’s how you can remain anonymous in Michigan if you win the Powerball jackpot
Powerball winners for Oct. 29:
· While there was no grand prize winner, seven players matched all five white numbers drawn to win $1 million. Those tickets were sold in California (2X), Florida, Maryland, Michigan (2X) and Texas.
· The player in Florida also played the Power Play option, which increased their winnings to $2 million.
· The $1 million winning tickets sold in Michigan were purchased at the New Buffalo Shell, located at 18913 Laporte Rd. in New Buffalo and at Billy’s Liquor Depot II, located at 27222 Grand River Ave. in Redford.
· Prior to the drawing, the jackpot decreased from $825 million to $822 million.
· There were 3,870,757 tickets sold that won at least $4 in the drawing. In Michigan, 140,904 tickets sold won at least $4 in the drawing.
Powerball is offered in 44 States, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. Players select five white numbers from (1 to 69) and one red ball (1 to 26). Tickets cost $2 each.
Related story: How to play Powerball, where to buy tickets as jackpot surpasses $400 million
In other Michigan Lottery news:
· The next Mega Millions drawing is Tuesday, Nov. 1 with an estimated jackpot of $87 million and a cash option of $42.8 million.
· The next Lotto 47 drawing is Wednesday, Nov. 2 at 7:29 p.m. with a jackpot of $1.55 million. Deadline is 7:08 p.m. that day.
· Sunday’s Fantasy 5 jackpot is worth an estimated $261,000. The drawing is at 7:29 p.m. Deadline is 7:08 p.m.
For the latest on Michigan Lottery, check out the official Michigan Lottery site, which also offers more information on instant tickets, raffles and other lottery games.
The last players from Michigan to win a Mega Millions or Powerball jackpot is the Wolverine FLL lottery club which claimed a $1.05 billion jackpot in March 2021. With their winnings, the group plans to give back to the community.
And while they were lucky winners, it’s smart for players to check their tickets immediately as a winner worth $1 million sold in Warren last year went unclaimed. The money instead went to the state’s School Aid Fund.