LANSING, MI – A player in Michigan was among six in the U.S. that won $1 million prizes Wednesday night, but there was no winner of the $715.3 million Powerball jackpot for the drawing on Oct. 26.
That means the drawing on Saturday, Oct. 29 will be worth $800 million with a cash option of $383.7 million. That jackpot is the 2nd largest in the history of Powerball and the 5th largest in U.S. history.
The Powerball Numbers (white) for Oct. 26: 19-36-37-46-56
The Red Powerball Power Number: 24
The Power Play Number: 2
Double Play Numbers: 5-36-38-39-54
Double Play Powerball Number: 19
Related story: How to play Powerball, where to buy tickets as jackpot surpasses $400 million
Powerball winners for Oct. 26:
· While there was no grand prize winner, six players matched all five white numbers drawn to win $1 million. Those tickets were sold in California (2X), Connecticut, Illinois, Michigan and New York.
· However, none of those players also played the Power Play option, which would have increased their winnings to $2 million.
· The $1 million winning ticket sold in Michigan was purchased at the Charaf Oil Inc. located at 7000 Greenfield Rd, Dearborn.
· Prior to the drawing, the jackpot increased from $700 million to $715.3 million.
· There were 2,191,190 tickets sold that won at least $4 in the drawing. In Michigan, 84,401 tickets sold won at least $4 in the drawing.
Powerball is offered in 44 States, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. Players select five white numbers from (1 to 69) and one red ball (1 to 26). Tickets cost $2 each.
In other Michigan Lottery news:
· The next Mega Millions drawing is Friday, Oct. 28 with an estimated jackpot of $64 million and a cash option of $31 million.
· The next Lotto 47 drawing is Saturday, Oct. 29 at 7:29 p.m. with a jackpot of $1.4 million. Deadline is 7:08 p.m. that day.
· Thursday’s Fantasy 5 jackpot is worth an estimated $139,000. The drawing is at 7:29 p.m. Deadline is 7:08 p.m.
For the latest on Michigan Lottery, check out the official Michigan Lottery site, which also offers more information on instant tickets, raffles and other lottery games.
The last players from Michigan to win a Mega Millions or Powerball jackpot is the Wolverine FLL lottery club which claimed a $1.05 billion jackpot in March 2021. With their winnings, the group plans to give back to the community.
And while they were lucky winners, it’s smart for players to check their tickets immediately as a winner worth $1 million sold in Warren last year went unclaimed. The money instead went to the state’s School Aid Fund.