LANSING, MI – The Powerball jackpot continues to grow as there was no winner of the $150 million grand prize for the drawing held on Saturday, Sept. 3.
That means the drawing on Monday, Sept. 5 will be worth $159 million with a cash option of $87.7 million.
The Powerball Numbers (white) for Sept. 3: 18-27-49-65-69
The Red Powerball Power Number: 9
The Power Play Number: 2
Double Play Numbers: 4-9-15-33-46
Double Play Powerball Number: 21
Powerball winners for Sept. 3:
· Along with no grand prize winner, no one matched all five white numbers drawn to win $1 million.
· In Michigan, seven tickets sold won $200 in the drawing. That was the largest prize won in the state.
· There were 543,409 tickets sold that won at least $4 in the drawing. In Michigan, 17,227 tickets sold won at least $4 in the drawing.
Powerball is offered in 44 States, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. Players select five white numbers from (1 to 69) and one red ball (1 to 26). Tickets cost $2 each.
In other Michigan Lottery news:
· The next Mega Millions drawing is Tuesday, Sept. 6 with an estimated jackpot of $191 million and a cash option of $105.3 million.
· The next Lotto 47 drawing is Wednesday, Sept. 7 at 7:29 p.m. with a jackpot of $4 million. Deadline is 7:08 p.m. that day.
· Sunday’s Fantasy 5 jackpot is worth an estimated $136,000. The drawing is at 7:29 p.m. Deadline is 7:08 p.m.
For the latest on Michigan Lottery, check out the official Michigan Lottery site, which also offers more information on instant tickets, raffles and other lottery games.
The last players from Michigan to win a Mega Millions or Powerball jackpot is the Wolverine FLL lottery club which claimed a $1.05 billion jackpot in March 2021. With their winnings, the group plans to give back to the community.
And while they were lucky winners, it’s smart for players to check their tickets immediately as a winner worth $1 million sold in Warren last year went unclaimed. The money instead went to the state’s School Aid Fund.