LANSING, MI – The Powerball jackpot continues to grow as there was no winner of the $124 million jackpot for the drawing held on Monday, Aug. 29.
That means the drawing on Wednesday, Aug. 31 will be worth $134 million with a cash option of $75.3 million.
The Powerball Numbers (white) for Aug. 29: 13-36-43-61-69
The Red Powerball Power Number: 18
The Power Play Number: 3
Double Play Numbers: 25-27-51-52-58
Double Play Powerball Number: 1
Powerball winners for Aug. 29:
· Along with no grand prize winner, no one matched all five white numbers drawn to win $1 million.
· In Michigan, eight tickets sold won $300 in the drawing. That was the largest prize won in the state.
· There were 288,349 tickets sold that won at least $4 in the drawing. In Michigan, 8,889 tickets sold won at least $4 in the drawing.
Powerball is offered in 44 States, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. Players select five white numbers from (1 to 69) and one red ball (1 to 26). Tickets cost $2 each.
In other Michigan Lottery news:
· The next Mega Millions drawing is Tuesday, Aug. 30 with an estimated jackpot of $153 million and a cash option of $85.9 million.
· The next Lotto 47 drawing is Wednesday, Aug. 31 at 7:29 p.m. with a jackpot of $3.6 million. Deadline is 7:08 p.m. that day.
· Tuesday’s Fantasy 5 jackpot is worth an estimated $139,000. The drawing is at 7:29 p.m. Deadline is 7:08 p.m.
For the latest on Michigan Lottery, check out the official Michigan Lottery site, which also offers more information on instant tickets, raffles and other lottery games.
The last players from Michigan to win a Mega Millions or Powerball jackpot is the Wolverine FLL lottery club which claimed a $1.05 billion jackpot in March 2021. With their winnings, the group plans to give back to the community.
And while they were lucky winners, it’s smart for players to check their tickets immediately as a winner worth $1 million sold in Warren last year went unclaimed. The money instead went to the state’s School Aid Fund.