It’s a Powerball Wednesday with more than a billion dollars up for grabs.
The jackpot is at $1.2 billion for Wednesday’s winning numbers drawing, the second largest jackpot in Powerball history and the fourth largest overall lottery prize in US history.
The top prize comes with a cash value of $596.7 million.
The top prize grew again after there was no winner for Monday’s drawing. The winning numbers for that drawing were :13, 19, 36, 39, 59 and the Power Ball was 13. The Power Play was 3X.
RELATED: What to consider if you win the lottery
The biggest all-time lottery jackpot was a $1.5863 billion Powerball prize in 2016, with the top prize shared by three winners in California, Florida and Tennessee.
Powerball is played in 45 states, he District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Odds of winning the Powerball jackpot is 1 in 292 million and tickets are $2 apiece.
SEE ALSO: Why does the Powerball jackpot get so high?
10 biggest Mega Millions, Powerball jackpots won in US lottery history
1. $1.586 billion, Powerball, Jan. 13, 2016 (three tickets, from California, Florida, Tennessee)
2. $1.537 billion, Mega Millions, Oct. 23, 2018 (one ticket, from South Carolina)
3. $1.337 billion, Mega Millions, July 29, 2022 (one ticket, from Illinois)
4. $1.05 billion, Mega Millions, Jan. 22, 2021 (one ticket, from Michigan)
5. $768.4 million, Powerball, March 27, 2019 (one ticket, from Wisconsin)
6. $758.7 million, Powerball, Aug. 23, 2017 (one ticket, from Massachusetts)
7. $731.1 million, Powerball, Jan. 20, 2021 (one ticket, from Maryland)
8. $699.8 million, Powerball, Oct. 4, 2021 (one ticket, from California)
9. $687.8 million, Powerball, Oct. 27, 2018 (two tickets, from Iowa and New York)
10. $656 million, Mega Millions, March 30, 2012 (three tickets, from Kansas, Illinois and Maryland)
Powerball tickets are $2 per play. Tickets are sold in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Copyright © 2022 KABC Television, LLC. All rights reserved.