LANSING, MI – A pair of grand-prize winning tickets were sold for the $494 million Mega Millions jackpot drawing that took place on Friday, Oct. 14. The winning tickets for the second largest jackpot of the year were sold in California and Florida and marks the first time in five years that there was more than one jackpot winner in a single drawing.
That means the drawing on Tuesday, Oct. 18 will be worth $20 million with a cash option of $10 million.
The Mega Millions numbers for Oct. 14: 9-22-26-41-44
The Gold Mega Ball: 19
The Megaplier: 2
Mega Millions winners for Oct. 14:
· Along with the grand prize winners, three players matched all five white balls drawn to win $1 million in the drawing. Those tickets were sold in New Jersey, North Carolina and Texas.
· The player in Texas also played the Megaplier option, which increased their winnings to $2 million.
· In Michigan, one ticket sold matched four white balls and the Mega Ball to win $10,000 in the drawing. That was the largest prize won in the state.
· There were 502,669 tickets sold that won at least $4 in the drawing. In Michigan, 21,528 tickets sold won at least $4 in the drawing.
Mega Millions drawings are held Tuesday and Friday at 11 p.m. Five balls are drawn from a set of balls numbered 1 through 70; the Mega Ball is drawn from a set of balls numbered 1 through 25. The odds of winning the jackpot is 1 in 302 million.
Mega Millions is played in 44 states, plus the District of Columbia and the Virgin Islands. Tickets cost $2 each.
In other Michigan Lottery news:
· The next Powerball drawing is Saturday, Oct. 15 with an estimated jackpot of $454 million and a cash option of $232.6 million.
· The next Lotto 47 drawing is Saturday, Oct. 15 at 7:29 p.m. with a jackpot of $1.2 million. Deadline is 7:08 p.m. that day.
· Saturday’s Fantasy 5 jackpot is worth an estimated $143,000. The drawing is at 7:29 p.m. Deadline is 7:08 p.m.
For the latest on Michigan Lottery, check out the official Michigan Lottery site, which also offers more information on instant tickets, raffles and other lottery games.
The last players from Michigan to win a Mega Millions or Powerball jackpot is the Wolverine FLL lottery club which claimed a $1.05 billion jackpot in March 2021. With their winnings, the group plans to give back to the community.
And while they were lucky winners, it’s smart for players to check their tickets immediately as a winner worth $1 million sold in Warren last year went unclaimed. The money instead went to the state’s School Aid Fund.