LANSING, MI – One ticket sold in Michigan came within a number of winning the grand prize, but there was no winner of the $410 million Mega Millions jackpot for the drawing held on Friday, July 8.
That means the drawing on Tuesday, July 12 will be worth $440 million with a cash option of $247.8 million.
The Mega Millions numbers for July 8: 20-36-61-62-69
The Gold Mega Ball: 20
The Megaplier: 3
Mega Millions winners for July 8:
· While there was no grand prize winner, two tickets sold matched all five white balls to win $1 million in the drawing. Those tickets were sold in Arkansas and California.
· However, neither of those tickets also played the Megaplier option, which would have increased their winnings to $3 million.
· In Michigan, one ticket sold matched four white balls and the Mega Ball to win $10,000 in the drawing. That was the largest prize won in the state.
· There were 440,950 tickets sold that won at least $4 in the drawing. In Michigan, 18,526 tickets sold won at least $4.
Mega Millions drawings are held Tuesday and Friday at 11 p.m. Five balls are drawn from a set of balls numbered 1 through 70; the Mega Ball is drawn from a set of balls numbered 1 through 25. The odds of winning the jackpot is 1 in 302 million.
Mega Millions is played in 44 states, plus the District of Columbia and the Virgin Islands. Tickets cost $2 each.
In other Michigan Lottery news:
· The next Powerball drawing is Saturday, July 9 with an estimated jackpot of $48 million and a cash option of $27.9 million.
· The next Lotto 47 drawing is Saturday, July 9 at 7:29 p.m. with a jackpot of $1.25 million. Deadline is 7:08 p.m. that day.
· Saturday’s Fantasy 5 jackpot is worth an estimated $123,000. The drawing is at 7:29 p.m. Deadline is 7:08 p.m.
For the latest on Michigan Lottery, check out the official Michigan Lottery site, which also offers more information on instant tickets, raffles and other lottery games.
The last players from Michigan to win a Mega Millions or Powerball jackpot is the Wolverine FLL lottery club which claimed a $1.05 billion jackpot in March 2021. With their winnings, the group plans to give back to the community.
And while they were lucky winners, it’s smart for players to check their tickets immediately as a winner worth $1 million sold in Warren last year went unclaimed. The money instead went to the state’s School Aid Fund.
If you’d like to be the next player from Michigan to win a huge lottery prize, take a look at these tips from lottery expert Richard Lustig. The author of “Learn How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning The Lottery” has won more than $1 million in Florida by winning top jackpot prizes in smaller games.