LANSING, MI – Four players brought home $1 million, but there was no winner of the $253 million Mega Millions jackpot for the drawing held on Tuesday, Jan. 4.
That means the drawing on Friday, Jan. 7 will be worth $253 million with a cash option of $193 million.
The Mega Millions numbers for Jan.4: 4-6-16-21-22
The Gold Mega Ball: 1
The Megaplier: 3
Mega Millions winners for Jan. 4:
· While there was no grand prize winner, four players matched all five white balls drawn to win $1 million. Those tickets were sold in Florida, Georgia, Indiana and New York.
· However, none of those players also played the Megaplier option which would have increased their winnings to $3 million.
· In Michigan, one ticket sold won $30,000 in the drawing. That was the largest prize won in the state.
· There were 399,806 tickets sold that won at least $4 in the drawing. In Michigan, 17,746 tickets sold won at least $4 in the drawing.
Mega Millions drawings are held Tuesday and Friday at 11 p.m. Five balls are drawn from a set of balls numbered 1 through 70; the Mega Ball is drawn from a set of balls numbered 1 through 25. The odds of winning the jackpot is 1 in 302 million.
Mega Millions is played in 44 states, plus the District of Columbia and the Virgin Islands. Tickets cost $2 each.
In other Michigan Lottery news:
· The next Powerball drawing is Wednesday, Jan. 5 with an estimated jackpot of $610 million and a cash option of $434.2 million.
· The next Lotto 47 drawing is Wednesday, Jan. 5 at 7:29 p.m. with a jackpot of $1.2 million. Deadline is 7:08 p.m. that day.
· Wednesday’s Fantasy 5 jackpot is worth an estimated $100,000. The drawing is at 7:29 p.m. Deadline is 7:08 p.m.
For the latest on Michigan Lottery, check out the official Michigan Lottery site, which also offers more information on instant tickets, raffles and other lottery games.
The last players from Michigan to win a Mega Millions or Powerball jackpot is the Wolverine FLL lottery club which claimed a $1.05 billion jackpot in March. With their winnings, the group plans to give back to the community.
And while they were lucky winners, it’s smart for players to check their tickets immediately as a winner worth $1 million sold in Hartland in 2019 went unclaimed. The ticket was purchased at the Speedway in Hartland, but the winner never came forward to claim the prize. The money instead went to the state’s School Aid Fund.
If you’d like to be the next player from Michigan to win a huge lottery prize, take a look at these tips from lottery expert Richard Lustig. The author of “Learn How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning The Lottery” has won more than $1 million in Florida by winning top jackpot prizes in smaller games.