Lottery officials have announced that the jackpot for the Mega Millions game has hit $1.1 billion, making it the third-largest payout in the game’s entire history.
The most recent drawing took place on Friday, however it did not result in anyone winning the jackpot. The winning white balls were 3, 20, 46, 59, and 63. There were 13 of the gold Mega Balls.
During the drawing that will take place on January 10, a participant now has the opportunity to win more than a billion dollars. The drawings take place every other Tuesday and Friday at 11 p.m. Eastern Time.
Since the 14th of October, gamers from California and Florida have been splitting a prize worth a total of $502 million. This has caused the jackpot to continue to grow.
Despite the fact that no one has been able to claim the jackpot so far, there have been other winners, including 52 tickets for $1 million or more that were sold in 20 different states.
According to statements made by officials at the lottery, this is the fourth time in the last four years that the Mega Millions prize has reached $1 billion.
The Mega Millions jackpot is currently at $1.1 billion, making it the third-largest in the game’s entire history.
The Mega Millions jackpot has reached an all-time high of $1.1 billion as of Monday morning, one day before the drawing that is scheduled to take place on Tuesday, January 10. It is the fifth-largest jackpot in the history of all lottery games combined, and the third-largest payout in the history of the Mega Millions lottery.
According to the website for the Mega Millions lottery, the cash option for the jackpot of $1.1 billion is worth an estimated $568.7 million. The drawing for the Mega Millions will take place on Tuesday night at 11 o’clock, and it will be streamed live on the channel’s YouTube page. Players also have the option of checking the MegaMillions.com website to determine the time at which the winning numbers will be made public.
The following is a list of the five largest jackpots in the history of Mega Millions to date:
- $1.537 billion won Oct. 23, 2018 in South Carolina
- $1.337 billion won July 29, 2022 in Illinois
- $1.050 billion won Jan. 22, 2021 in Michigan
- $656 million won March 30, 2012 in Illinois, Kansas and Maryland
- $648 million won Dec. 17, 2013 in California and Georgia
This will also be remembered as one of the top 10 highest jackpots ever won in the history of the overall lottery.
The following is a list of the 10 greatest jackpots in the history of lottery games:
- $2.04 billion won from Powerball on Nov. 8, 2022 in California
- $1.586 billion won from Powerball on Jan. 13, 2016 in California, Florida and Tennessee
- $1.537 billion won from Mega Millions on Oct. 23, 2018 in South Carolina
- $1.337 billion won from Mega Millions on July 29, 2022 in Illinois
- $1.05 billion won from Mega Millions on Jan. 22, 2021 in Michigan
- $768.4 million won from Powerball on March 27, 2019 in Wisconsin
- $758.7 million won from Powerball on Aug. 23, 2017 in Massachusetts
- $731.1 million won from Powerball on Jan. 20, 2021 in Maryland
- $699.8 million won from Powerball on Oct. 4, 2021 in California
- $687.8 million won from Powerball on Oct. 27, 2018 in Iowa and New York
Since a winning ticket was purchased in Illinois on July 29 and won a jackpot of $1.337 billion, Tuesday’s jackpot is the greatest it has been since then. Since October 2022, when it was last won, the jackpot has been regularly rolling over into higher quantities of money every few days. The most recent time it was won was in 2023.
Mega Millions tickets cost $2 each, and the drawings take place on Tuesday and Friday nights at 11 p.m. each week. Participants in the Mega Millions lottery are required to purchase a ticket for $2 that contains six numbers.
The first five numbers can be any value between one and seventy, and the Mega Ball can be any value between one and twenty-five. According to the Mega Millions website, there are nine different ways to win a prize in the lottery game. The person who wins the jackpot must match all six of their numbers in order to claim the jackpot award.
Participation in the Mega Millions lottery is open to residents of 45 states, as well as the District of Columbia and the Virgin Islands. Tickets for the drawing that will take place on Tuesday can be purchased until Tuesday night at 10:45 p.m.
If there are no people who are lucky enough to win the jackpot, the prize will be carried over to the following drawing. The odds of winning the jackpot are one in 302 million, while the overall odds of winning a prize are one in 24. Mega Millions has stated that the odds of winning a prize are one in 24.
VIEW AS PDF:
CHECK FOR MORE ARTICLES
|Mega Millions jackpot hits $1.1 billion||https://megamillionsclub.com/mega-millions-jackpot-hits-1-1-billion/|