The Powerball lottery holds claim to the country’s largest all-time jackpot, and we’re inching closer to reaching that $1.586 billion milestone.
Winning the current jackpot would surely still bring a smile to your face at an estimated $825 million with a cash option of $410.2 million, according to powerball.com.
Powerball’s top prize now ranks as the game’s second-highest jackpot of all-time, and is one of the country’s largest lottery jackpots ever – slotting in at No. 5.
The next drawing is Saturday, Oct. 29 at approximately 10:59 p.m. EDT.
Here’s what you need to know about the Powerball:
Did anyone win the Powerball?
There was no Powerball winner on Wednesday, Oct. 26. The winning numbers were 19, 36, 37, 46, 56, and the Powerball is 24. The Power Play was 2X.
There were six tickets matching all five numbers except for the Powerball worth $1 million. Two of the winning tickets were bought in California, while the others were purchased in Connecticut, Illinois, Michigan and New York.
Did anyone win the Double Play?
The Double Play numbers were 5, 36, 38, 39, 54, and the Powerball was 19.
Nobody matched all six numbers, and zero tickets matched all five numbers except for the Powerball worth $500,000.
Did Elon Musk fire everyone at Twitter?:Ned Segal, Parag Agrawal get the ax. What to know
The grilled cheese sandwich:How to make the best grilled cheese, the melty sandwich that embodies ‘simple perfection’
How many numbers in Powerball do you need to win a prize?
You only need to match one number in Powerball to win a prize. However, that number must be the Powerball worth $4.
What do I win if I get 2 numbers on Powerball?
Matching two numbers won’t win anything in Powerball unless one of the numbers is the Powerball. A ticket matching one of the five numbers and the Powerball is worth $7.
How much is a Powerball ticket?
Powerball tickets are $2 apiece. Tack on the Power Play for $1 and your non-jackpot winnings could be multiplied up to five times. Players can multiply non-jackpot wins up to 10 times when the jackpot is $150 million or less.
What is Powerball’s Double Play?
For an extra $1, you can enter your numbers into a second drawing held after the main jackpot draw. Participants can win prizes ranging from $7 to $10 million.
What is the deadline for buying Powerball tickets?
Powerball can be played in 45 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The cutoff time to buy a Powerball ticket varies for each jurisdiction. Check with you local lottery office for details. In Indiana, tickets must be purchased by 9:58 p.m. EDT.
Can Powerball tickets be purchased online over the internet?
Yes, but the opportunity once again depends on each jurisdiction. Check with your local lottery office for more details.
When are Powerball draw days?
Powerball draws occur three times a week, on every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.
Odds of winning Powerball
Approximately 1 in every 24.87 Powerball tickets sold are winners. The likelihood of winning the jackpot is 1 in 292,201,338.
Powerball’s last jackpot winner
Here is the list of 2022 Powerball jackpot wins, according to powerball.com:
- $632.6 million — Jan. 5; California, Wisconsin.
- $185.3 million — Feb. 14; Connecticut.
- $473.1 million — April 27; Arizona.
- $366.7 million — June 29; Vermont.
- $206.9 million — Aug. 3; Pennsylvania.
Top 10 Powerball lottery jackpots
Here are the all-time top 10 Powerball jackpots, according to powerball.com:
- $1.586 billion — Jan. 13, 2016; California, Florida, Tennessee.
- $825 million — Oct. 26, 2022; TBD.
- $768.4 million — Mar. 27, 2019; Wisconsin.
- $758.7 million — Aug. 23, 2017; Massachusetts.
- $731.1 million — Jan. 20, 2021; Maryland.
- $699.8 million — Oct. 4, 2021; California.
- $687.8 million — Oct. 27, 2018; Iowa, New York.
- $632.6 million — Jan. 5, 2022; California, Wisconsin.
- $590.5 million — May 18, 2013; Florida.
- $587.5 million — Nov. 28, 2012; Arizona, Missouri.
Top 10 U.S. lottery jackpots
Here are the nation’s all-time top 10 Powerball and Mega Millions jackpots, according to powerball.com:
- $1.586 billion, Powerball — Jan. 13, 2016; California, Florida, Tennessee.
- $1.537 billion, Mega Millions — Oct. 23, 2018; South Carolina.
- $1.337 billion, Mega Millions — July 29, 2022; Illinois.
- $1.05 billion, Mega Millions — Jan. 22, 2021; Michigan.
- $825 million, Powerball — Oct. 26, 2022; TBD.
- $768.4 million, Powerball — Mar. 27, 2019; Wisconsin.
- $758.7 million, Powerball — Aug. 23, 2017; Massachusetts.
- $731.1 million, Powerball — Jan. 20, 2021; Maryland.
- $699.8 million, Powerball — Oct. 4, 2021; California.
- $687.8 million, Powerball — Oct. 27, 2018; Iowa, New York.
Follow Chris Sims on Twitter: @ChrisFSims.