I started having big dreams again this weekend as the big prizes in the Mega Millions and the Powerball drawings were climbing to well over $400 million each.
The Mega Millions prize climbed to $494 million dollars for the Friday night drawing. If you hit all 6 numbers, you would get a one time lump sum payout of $248.7 million. It’s at #20 on the largest U.S. jackpots of all time. I didn’t win this one. And the big prize is gone. Mega Millions reports there were two winning tickets. One was purchased in California and the other in Florida. I’m happy for those folks. Really, I am.
I am still waiting on the Powerball drawing for Saturday night which is worth
The Powerball jackpot for the drawing on Saturday, October 15 is worth $454 million with a lump sum payout of $232 million.
Here’s a list of the top 20 prizes from Powerball and Mega Millions:
1. $1.586 billion Powerball January 13, 2016. There were 3 winning tickets for this prize. These tickets were purchased in Tennessee, Florida, and California. Each had the option to take a lump sum of $327.8 million.
2. $1.537 billion Mega Millions October 2018. There was one winning ticket purchased in South Carolina. The ticket was sold at a KC Mart convenience store in the town of Simpsonville. This is the largest single-ticket jackpot in U.S. history.
3. $1.050 billion ($776.6 million cash) was won by the Wolverine FLL Club of Oakland County, Michigan in January of 2021.
4. $768.4 million, Powerball won by a single ticket in Wisconsin. Cash: $477 million.
5. $758 million, Powerball won August 24, 2018, by Mavis Wanczyk of Massachusetts. She chose the lump sum payment of $480 million.
6. $687.8 million, Powerball won Oct. 27, 2018. There were two winning tickets. One in Iowa and another in New York.
7. $699 million, Powerball won on October 4, 2021 in California. The ticket was sold at an Albertson’s grocery store.
8. $656 million, Mega Millions, won March 30, 2012, by three tickets, sold in Maryland, Illinois and Kansas. Cash: $471 million
9. $648 million, Mega Millions, won Dec. 17, 2013, in Georgia and California. Cash: $347.6 million.
10. $630 Million Powerball Wednesday, January 5, 2022. Two winning tickets, one in California and one in Wisconsin will split the jackpot.
11. $590.5 million, Powerball, won May 18, 2013, in Florida. Cash: $370.9 million.
12. $587.5 million, Powerball, won Nov. 28, 2012, by two tickets, sold in Missouri and Arizona. Cash: $384.7 million
13. $564 million, Powerball jackpot was won by one ticket in New Hampshire in the drawing on Saturday, January 6, 2018.
14. $559.7 million Powerball, A single ticket was sold at Reeds Ferry Market in Merrimack, NH. The winning ticket holder wants to remain anonymous.
15. $545 million dollar Powerball jackpot is up for grabs Saturday September 25.
16. $543 million Mega Millions. There was one winning ticket sold in California in the July 2018 drawing.
17. $536 million Mega Millions, a single ticket was sold in Indiana on July 8, 2016.
18. $530 million Mega Millions, one winning ticket was sold in California for the June 7, 2019 drawing.
19. $515 million Mega Millions, one ticket sold in Pennsylvania wins this big jackpot on Friday May 21, 2021.
20. $494 million Mega Millions drawing on October 14, 2022. Two winning tickets. One sold in California and the other sold in Florida will take home the big money.
Great Halloween Events in Shreveport Bossier
Looking for something to do for Halloween? Lots of local events are coming up.
What States Have the Worst Roads
Where does Louisiana fall on the list of shabby roads?