The Mega Millions jackpot for the drawing that will take place on Friday night is currently at $940 million. According to the Massachusetts State Lottery, this prize, should it be won, will rank as the sixth-largest in the history of lottery games, and it will rank as the fourth-largest in the history of the Mega Millions game.
The drawing will take place on Friday night at 11 o’clock, and the prize can be taken in cash to the tune of $486 million. On the Mega Millions page on YouTube, users will be able to watch the drawing. Players also have the option of checking the MegaMillions.com website to determine the time at which the winning numbers will be made public.
The following is a list of the five largest jackpots in the history of Mega Millions to date:
- $1.537 billion won on Oct. 23, 2018, in South Carolina
- $1.337 billion won on July 29, 2022, in Illinois
- $1.050 billion won on Jan. 22, 2021, in Michigan
- $656 million won on March 30, 2012, in Illinois, Kansas, and Maryland
- $648 million won on Dec. 17, 2013, in California and Georgia
If these numbers were used for the national lottery, the jackpot of $940 million would become the sixth-largest in history.
In the history of all lottery games, the following are the ten jackpots that have been the largest:
- $2.04 billion won from Powerball on Nov. 8, 2022, in California
- $1.586 billion won from Powerball on Jan. 13, 2016, in California, Florida, and Tennessee
- $1.537 billion won from Mega Millions on Oct. 23, 2018, in South Carolina
- $1.337 billion won from Mega Millions on July 29, 2022, in Illinois
- $1.05 billion won from Mega Millions on Jan. 22, 2021, in Michigan
- $768.4 million won from Powerball on March 27, 2019, in Wisconsin
- $758.7 million won from Powerball on Aug. 23, 2017, in Massachusetts
- $731.1 million won from Powerball on Jan. 20, 2021, in Maryland
- $699.8 million won from Powerball on Oct. 4, 2021, in California
- $687.8 million won from Powerball on Oct. 27, 2018, in Iowa and New York
Since October 14, when the previous jackpot was won, this one, which is currently worth $940 million, has rolled over a total of 24 times. One winning ticket was purchased in the state of California, and the other was purchased in the state of Florida; together, these two winners shared a prize worth $502 million.
Since a winning ticket was purchased in Illinois on July 29 and won a jackpot of $1.337 billion, Friday’s jackpot is the greatest it has been since then.
Mega Millions tickets cost $2 each, and the drawings take place on Tuesday and Friday nights at 11 p.m. each week. Participants in the Mega Millions lottery are required to purchase a ticket for $2 that contains six numbers.
The first five numbers can be any value between one and seventy, and the Mega Ball can be any value between one and twenty-five. According to the Mega Millions website, there are nine different ways to win a prize in the lottery game. The person who wins the jackpot must match all six of their numbers in order to claim the jackpot award.
Participation in the Mega Millions lottery is open to residents of 45 states, as well as the District of Columbia and the Virgin Islands. Tickets for the drawing that will take place on Friday can be acquired up until 10:45 p.m. on Friday.
If there are no people who are lucky enough to win the jackpot, the prize will be carried over to the following drawing. The odds of winning the jackpot are one in 302 million, while the overall odds of winning a prize are one in 24. Mega Millions has stated that the odds of winning a prize are one in 24.
CHECK FOR MORE ARTICLES
|At roughly one billion dollars, the Mega Millions prize is the sixth-largest in the annals of lottery competition.||https://megamillionsclub.com/at-roughly-one-billion-dollars-the-mega-millions-prize-is-the-sixth-largest-in-the-annals-of-lottery-competition/|