A New York lottery player won the $128 million Mega Millions jackpot Tuesday night, according to the lottery website.
Only one ticket matched all six balls to take home the grand prize. The winner will also have the option of selecting the cash prize of $84.5 million. The jackpot was estimated at $126 million but increased due to strong sales.
The jackpot winning ticket was sold at the subscription outlet at 1 Broadway Center in Schenectady, N.Y. – which is the location of the New York Lottery headquarters.
The winning numbers draw on Tuesday, March 8, 2022 were: 7 – 18 – 38 – 58 – 64 and Megaball 24. The Megaplier was 3x.
The Mega Millions was last won in January when a $426 million ticket was sold in California.
Unlucky? Here are 13 things more likely to happen than winning the Powerball jackpot
The jackpot will now reset to $20 million with a cash option of $13.4 million for Friday’s drawing.
Meanwhile, the Powerball jackpot is at $99 million with a cash option of $67.9 million for Wednesday’s drawing, according to the Powerball website.
Powerball winner: $185.3 million Powerball jackpot winning ticket sold in Connecticut
Powerball, Mega Millions: These are the luckiest states for jackpot winners
Top Mega Millions jackpots
- $1.537 billion, Oct. 23, 2018: Won in South Carolina
- $1.05 billion, Jan. 22, 2021: Won in Michigan
- $656 million, March 30, 2012: Three winners in Illinois, Kansas, Maryland
- $648 million, Dec. 17, 2013: Two winners in California, Georgia
- $543 million, July 24, 2018: Won in California
- $536 million, July 8, 20116: Won in Indiana
- $533 million: March 30, 2018: Won in New Jersey
- $522 million: June 7, 2019: Won in California
- $515 million: May 21, 2021: Won in Pennsylvania
- $451 million, Jan. 5, 2018: Won in Florida
John Connolly is a breaking news editor for NorthJersey.com. For unlimited access to all the major news happening in North Jersey, subscribe here. To get breaking news directly to your inbox, sign up for our newsletter.