Hello and happy Thursday! I’m back in your inbox this morning with everything you need to know about what’s happening in town. Today we’ll cover…
- Available jobs working for the City of Canton
- Georgia resident hits the lottery
- Cherokee County unveils first propane-fueled buses in the state
But first, today’s weather:
Sunny to partly cloudy. High: 61 Low: 34.
📢 I’m looking for business owners and marketers in Canton-Sixes who want to build awareness, connect with customers and increase sales.
I have a limited number of sponsorships available to introduce our Canton-Sixes Daily readers to local businesses they need to know about. If that’s you, then I invite you to learn more and secure your spot now.
Here are the top stories five today in Canton-Sixes:
- Cherokee County will soon unveil propane-fueled buses. The propane-run CATS buses will start operating next Monday, Oct. 24. The County is the first in Georgia to switch from gasoline-powered to propane-fueled public transportation. (City of Canton GA via Facebook)
- Are you wanting to dedicate your career to serving the community? The City of Canton is currently hiring for multiple full-time positions. Available job openings include utilities engineer and police recruit. Visit the city’s website for job details and application information. (City of Canton, GA)
- The Mega Millions lottery jackpot remains unclaimed because all of the tickets sold did not have the six necessary numbers. There were, however, still two lottery winners, including one in Georgia. A Georgia resident purchased a ticket with five of the six numbers, earning them $3 million. The other five-number ticket – which was worth $1 million – went to a resident in New York. It is estimated by Friday the jackpot will reach $30 million. (MyNewsLA.com)
- On Tuesday, Union Hill Road near Cumming Highway was closed for over two hours due to a gas leak. According to Cherokee County Fire and Emergency Services, the gas leak occurred while construction crews were working with an excavator. This was being done as part of the ongoing Highway 20 widening project. The gas leak caused traffic and congestion in the area, with drivers forced to take detours to avoid the scene. (Subscription: Cherokee Tribune & Ledger-News via Facebook)
- The Cherokee County Chamber of Commerce will be celebrating new business in the county on Friday. The chamber will hold a ribbon-cutting ceremony to celebrate the opening of Stout’s Growlers in Canton at 188 North Street. You can celebrate the new business at 10:00 a.m. (Cherokee County Chamber of Commerce)
Today in Canton-Sixes:
- Family Story Time At Hickory Flat Public Library (10:30 AM)
- Board Gaming At Dragons Eye Games (5:30 PM)
- Immunity Workshop At Moss Family Chiropractic (6:30 PM)
From my notebook:
- There were 30 animal adoptions on Saturday at the Cherokee County Animal Shelter! That’s a great number – but we can do better. Head to the animal shelter and take home a new friend if you can! (Cherokee County Animal Shelter via Facebook)
- The Sequoya High School Band and Orchestra’s Band of Chiefs will be in their final competition this year on Saturday. Come out to Monroe High School and support them as they battle for musical supremacy at 7:40 p.m. (Sequoyah High School Band and Orchestra via Facebook)
- This Saturday you can celebrate Dia De Los Muertos with delicious food, live dancing, contests, vendors, and so much more! Get the who, what, when, and where at the link! (AllEvents)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- “Never Stop Learning” Art Exhibit at the Cumming Arts Center (October 20)
- Leather Crafting – Shoulder Bags, Totes, Phone Pouches, Belts and More (October 21)
- Add your event
Thanks for following along and staying informed! I’ll catch up with you bright and early tomorrow with a new update.
— Sean Peek
About me: Sean Peek is a writer and entrepreneur with a degree in English Literature from Weber State University. Over the years, he has worked as a copywriter, editor, SEO specialist, and marketing director for various digital media companies. He currently co-owns and operates content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.